Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have always thought that I had a problem with my

Customer Question

I have always thought that I had a problem with my metabolism. I was recently tested and here are my results: TSH (1.79), free T4 (.89), and free T3 (2.4) What do these results mean? I know that they are all low and it's obvious my life sucks bc I'm always hungry and cannot even eat 1000 calories a day without gaining weight.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: What doctor?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
The TSH is in the normal range.Out of these three hormones the TSH is the most important one to look at.If the TSH is normal it means that your thyroid hormone levels are okay.The symptoms that you are having are not related to your thyroid producing lower levels of hormones.Have you had any other tests to get evaluated in a much better way?Please let me know.Regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.