Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I AM DOING RESEARCH ON AN OLD " DANCER" INJURY. ABOUT 7

Customer Question

I AM DOING RESEARCH ON AN OLD " DANCER" INJURY. ABOUT 7 YEARS AGO I HEARD A LOUD POP AND EXPERIENCED SHARP PAIN IN MY UPPER LEFT BACK SHOULDER BLADE AND NECK. IT SLOWLY WENT AWAY BUT EVERY NOW AND THEN AN ACHEING PAIN ALONG WITH BURNING SENSATION HAPPENS IN THAT GENERAL AREA. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: NO RECENT INJURY. JUST A FLARE UP EVERY NOW AND AGAIN LIKE TODAY. IT BURNS BIG TIME.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I DO HAVE SCIATICA PROBLEMS BUT THAT IS LOWER LEFT.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The area specified by you suggests likely thoracic spine injury. Arthritis of the spine will cause pressure on the nerves supplying the affected areas. That will result in burning and pain. This can be confirmed by MRI scan of the spine. Medications like Gabapentin will help. Physical therapy also recommended. Epidural steroid injections will be the next step in resistant cases.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/