Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I have a guest who visited my restaurant and claims that the

Customer Question

i have a guest who visited my restaurant and claims that the soft shell crabs he ate caused food poisoning. I served 20 of these last night and have had no other reports. is it possible 2 were contaminated and the others were fine or is this probably something else?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Salama MD,

It's possible but not probable. The infection that he is experiencing is likely viral and is typically transmitted by those handling the food from improper handwashing, etc. However, if the same person(s), were handling the crabs, then most of those who ate from it would experience similar symptoms.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Is there anything else I can help you with?