Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)

I'm 42 yr old female, I've gained 50 lbs in last 4 1/2 years

Customer Question

I'm 42 yr old female, I've gained 50 lbs in last 4 1/2 years - divorce caused lot of stress, which I feel hasn't helped me to lose this weight. Feeling very bloated, can't eat much as I feel full fast, now experiencing "bubble" sensation below my left breast where my stomach meets when I bend over - trying to figure out what the cause might be. I feel bloated but don't have gas. Usually 1-2 daily bowel movements but feel I could feel drastically better if I did some type of cleanse. Just wondering what else could help these issues.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My weight is at 180 lbs - I'm 5'3". My only activity right now is walking few times a week. I feel like I may have some other symptoms of Hypothyroidism but when I was checked few years ago they said all my numbers were within normal range.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. The symptoms you have described of feeling bloated,feeling full & having bubble sensation below the left breast is most likely because of a condition called gastritis.It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses, mental stress,social habits, chemicals, and infections,excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Also there seems to be associated GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease). To get relief from these symptoms ,take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly. Also as you are overweight,you need to loose weightReduce the amount of calories you eat.Increase your daily activities & work out(if you can).Drink plenty of fluids. Eat a lot of salad & fruits.All this will help you greatly to loose your weight. So bot***** *****ne is that take the above described medications.It will help greatly in treating the gastric symptoms.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription medications will be required accordingly. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh