Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Have persistent burping. Just had an endoscopy - doctor

Customer Question

Have persistent burping. Just had an endoscopy - doctor couldn't find anything wrong. Still burping.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Since how long you have these symptoms of burping?

Any other known medical illness?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

Burping/belching is the act of expelling air from the stomach through the mouth. It is usually caused by swallowed air or the breakdown of food through digestion.Swallowing of extra air while eating or drinking is one of the most common cause.

Belching or burping is one way that the body gets rid of extra air in the stomach.

Endoscopy & other tests usually comes out to be normal as is yours.Following will help you greatly to treat this excessive persistent burping

• Don't talk and chew at the same time. This causes you to swallow air, which may cause gas.Chew food slowly and eat smaller meals.

• Avoid smoking & alcohol consumption.

• Many healthful high-fiber foods like beans, broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts cause gas, so introduce them into your diet slowly.

• Avoid carbonated beverages, chewing gum, highly spiced foods, and too many sweets.

• Skip the gum and hard candy.

• Activated charcoal tablets, such as CharcoCaps may be taken.They can be purchased over the counter.It is the fastest way to cure stomach burping/bloating.The problem of excess gas resolves with use of activated charcoal tablets.So I advice you to take it from your counter till you get appointment from your doctor for prescription medication.You can take two to three tablets three times a day.

All this will help you greatly.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your doctor for the prescription medications accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh