Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have an on and off again itchy groin and penis. No rash,

Customer Question

I have an on and off again itchy groin and penis. No rash, discharge or pain.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: It's been going on for a couple days. I remember this happening months ago after sex with my girlfriend. It lasted a bit then went away
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. The symptoms you have described of itchy groin and penis since last couple of days without any rash, discharge or pain is most likely because of fungal infection.Typically the groin & area near by becomes itchy and irritable, mainly in the crease between the top of the leg and the genitals. Apply ointment containing clotrimazole+betamethasone.It is available at the counter without the prescription.Apply the cream to the surrounding 4-6 cm of normal skin in addition to itching area.Also you may need oral anti fungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).Also check your blood sugar levels. Keep your genital area clean and dry.Avoid undergarments made from synthetic materials. So bot***** *****ne is I advise you to apply the above described cream to the itching area.It will help you greatly.If still after this the symptoms persists, then you need to consult your skin doctor as oral anti fungal medications need to be taken as described above. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear customerPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meI am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh