Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

There, i am 6 days late on my period. i have taken 2 preg

Customer Question

hello there, i am 6 days late on my period. i have taken 2 preg tests which have both been negative. I know that there is something not right. What should i do?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I am never late always on on the 3rd Thursday of the month. This month I still havent come on. I have swollen stomach (Feeling bloated all the time) Headaches, im so tired - i never sleep past my alarm but i have been. my nipples hurt to touch and i have been feeling slighly sick.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your question.All these symptoms you describe are suggestive of pre menstrual syndrome and your periods may be impending and may start within within few days.The delay can be due to delayed ovulation which can occur due to many possible reasons.So you just need to wait for few days.If you still do not get your periods you should repeat pregnancy test.You may also get HCG levels in blood done as that is more accurate.If that comes out to be negative you may be started on progesterone for five days followed by stopping progesterone which would cause withdrawal bleeding.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is pre menstral syndrome?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 5 months ago.
It is set of symptoms which many women feel before onset of their periods.There can be many different symptoms which include feeling depressed or anxious, social withdrawal, joint and muscle pains, bloating, tender breasts and nipples, fatigue, constipation or diarrhea, changes in appetite, weight gain, headache, crying spells etc..Most women will have only few of these symptoms and it is estimated that 3out of 4 women have got PMS at some time.The symptoms can range from mild or barely noticeable to intense at different times.