Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

Pain in both rib cages near the bottom front to back. Body

Customer Question

Pain in both rib cages near the bottom front to back. Body aches all over and really tired
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Pain started over a month ago under right Brest in ribs. Then had pain up neck and into shoulder and arm all right side. It lasted for a couple of weeks then stopped but I could still feel the pain in my ribs mildly all along. A week ago the pain in my ribs came back worse and yesterday my left rib cage began to hurt also. I woke up today with whole body sore and stiff along with both ribs hurting. Have have fatigue this whole time also.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Not to my knowledge
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Such symptoms can be triggered by a viral infection commonly.Inflammatory response from the body can overshoot causing muscle and joint inflammation.Next possibility can be rheumatological disorder.Rheumatoid arthritis, Polymyositis are such examples.You will need chest xrays and blood tests like blood count, sed rate, crp, rheumatoid factor, ck, aldolase, ana titer etc.Any inflammatory condition can be treated by oral steroids.First an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen may be tried 600 mg 3 times daily with food.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: