Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I have had pretty bad heart burn in the mornings after

Customer Question

I have had pretty bad heart burn in the mornings after drinking milk with dinner.
I had been taking Tums several to deal with the pain with no success .
I also switched to Fairlife milk.
I am concerned because of a family history of Esophageal cancer on my fathers side of the family with I take alter.
I also should mention that depression, a70 pound weight gain in 2 years and lack of activity along with several medicines are possibly contributing .
Thank you. Myrna
Category: Medical
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****

With a family history of esophageal cancer I would pursue consultation with a gastroenterologist ASAP for an endoscopy.

You can control your symptoms with something stronger such was Prilosec 20mg daily but the endoscopy is necessary in order to rule out anything potentially more serious. The GI doctor can do a biopsy to determine if there is cancer or bacteria such as H Pylori which needs other treatment.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you VERY much Doctor. I had a feeling you would recommend endoscopy and don't have Obama care anymore because it cost too much . I will contact the doctor I see on a cash basis but will bed to get Obama care again. I am very pleased with your service.

Thank you. I wish you the best. Don't forget to leave 5 stars, thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction , NEED to get Obama care
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see how to give you 5 stars but pass it on you get 6 stars!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May I ask your location? State?

The rating should be at the top right of your screen and you can give bonus if you would like. I am located in California.

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Expert:  Michael Salama replied 12 months ago.

Did you try to leave the rating?