Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

They found protein in my urine 2 plus what could that mean

Customer Question

they found protein in my urine 2 plus what could that mean
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: i went for my dot and they had to take a urine speciman and it showed up protein in urine 2 plus
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: i had a stomach bug with vomitting and the runs friday i was sick for the weekend i dont know if that would have something to do with it and i am prone to urinary tract infectios
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan here to help you today. The 2+ protein is indicative of decreased kidney function and needs further workup to determine the extent of the damage. This can be done by an Internal medicine doctor or if available by a Nephrologist. It is not an emergency as a 2+ is only the beginning of the indication of a kidney problem. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. A positive rating is appreciated.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Do you have any additional questions? If not, please rate my response so I may be compensated for my service.