Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have severe Restless Legs and I'm taking large doses of

Customer Question

I have severe Restless Legs and I'm taking large doses of Magnesium. What is your recommendation?
Paul
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Welcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Are you on any medications?Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?Any investigations so far?Any other health or medical problems ? Thanks
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear,I am sorry to hear about your problems. Well, Treatment of RLS involves both medicine and lifestyle interventions.The two most commonly used medications are- Mirapexin and Requip .Along with this, anticonvulsants also can help calm RLS symptoms.You may be prescribed with drugs, such as gabapentin and pregabalin. Clonidine, a medicine that suppresses the autonomic nervous system. The FDA has approved gabapentin enacarbil, It metabolizes in the body to become gabapentin, for the treatment of moderate to severe RLS.Also, Soaking legs in hot or cold water would surely help you. There also is increasing use of devices to provide vibratory stimulation to the feet and legs, such as the Relaxis device, this can also be very helpful. It is approved by FDA. You can place it affected site, when in bed and provide 30 minutes of vibrations (counterstimulation) that ramp off after 30 minutes. Also, decreased use of caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco would be helpful.A trial of iron supplements is recommended only for individuals with low iron levels.Taking regular exercise would be helpful.You should try to go to bed and get up at the same time every day, not napping during the day.Please follow above lifestyle measures, and consult your doctor for prescription of medications. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh