Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I woke up yesterday morning with evidence on the right side

Customer Question

I woke up yesterday morning with evidence on the right side of my face , near my right ear along with further evidence on my pillow case & top sheet that my ear must've released a bloody, watery discharge. I know NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT, if anything. Can you kindly help me with guidance??? I can be reached via my cellphone(###) ###-#### ***** via my mailbox:***@******.***. All guidance you can give me will be greatly appreciated! Thanking you in advance!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Is there any pain in ears?Any problem in hearing?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for coming back online. The symptoms you have described of having bloody,watery discharge from your ear when you woke up yesterday morning can most likely because of ear infection. Other causes can be: injuries to the external canal such as a scratch, Q-tip injury or insect bite. On its own, a few drops of blood/discharge may not be serious but when accompanied by other symptoms like pain, hearing loss and dizziness, then it could be due to some underlying medical conditions. So as of now,I advise you to wait & watch your symptoms.Just keep an eye of observation.If still the symptoms persists,then you need to make an appointment with your ENT doctor to get it examined so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh