Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have a history of dislocation of my patella and I can feel

Customer Question

I have a history of dislocation of my patella and I can feel vibration like sensations on the side of my knee. When I place my hand near my knee, I can feel muscle spasm like movement. Is this normal? Is it exercise induced?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have ehlers danlos syndrome and have recently started walking about 3 miles a day for exercise.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidvibration sensations when you move your knee can be called crepitus which is a sign bone is rubbing on bone.if you are feeling muscle spasms, this is not normal. this can be a sign of muscle spasms or muscle twitching or fasciculations which can be caused by nerve injury, low potassium levels, muscle fatigue, dehydartion and other causes.if you have recently started to exercise, you could be fatiguing your muscles and this could be causing your muscles and nerves to might need to stretch more before and after you exercise.icing your knees after walking could helpdrinking more fluids and taking in more potassium could help your show your doctor these muscle spasms to see if they may be fasciculations of the muscles.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using