Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Question: I have a pain in the abdomen. There's a weird hard

Customer Question

Hi
Question: I have a pain in the abdomen. There's a weird hard area right above the bellybutton on the right side. I've been feeling a little nauseous for the past 2 weeks. Sometimes after I eat, I feel very bad and have to stop eating right away. Some people say it's appendicitis and some say it's kidney stones.
Oh and also I constantly feel like I need to sleep. I'm tired beyond anything. Which is not normal for me as I am usually very active.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloYou need to have an exam.This is not the area of appendicitis.It can be a lesion in the small bowel.The symptoms can also represent gastritis or stomach ulcer.See your doctor as soon s you can.Your stool needs to be checked for hidden blood as well.Diagnosis starts with exam.If this is getting worse: to the eR. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/