Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have been experiencing a late puberty, I am 19years old

Customer Question

Hi, I have been experiencing a late puberty, I am 19years old now.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: 19 year old boy, no chest hair, beard, penis is not growing but I do have pubic hair.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidsome people are less likely to grow chest hair, facial hairpubic hair is a good sign.you should see a doctor and get blood testing to check your testosterone levels and check your LH and FSH levels to see if your pituitary gland is working properly or not.do you have a doctor you can see who can do some blood testing for you? to check on your puberty stage?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have been visiting a doctor since i was 17, they gave me testosteron. However I don't feel like it is working.
what is your testosterone level?what dose of testosterone are they giving you? you might want to ask for a higher dose of testosterone.how often are you getting testosterone injections?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They gave me 50% of a normal dose, of which I am not sure of the size.
I stopped taking these doses to measure whether my testosteron level is normal without any artificial help.
Last month I did a blood test and the result was positive: my testosteron level is at a normal level for someone who is 19.
However the only thing I noticed in the last two years is that I grow from 1,60meter to 1,71 meter and that I got pubic hair.
Penis never grew (as far as I can remember) with a flaccid size of 2,3inch and erection size of 4,7inch.
that is good your testosterone levels are normalyou need to also ask your doctors to check your growth hormone levelsif you have pituitary gland dysfunction and your pituitary gland is not making enough TSH thyroid stimulating hormone levels, or not enough growth hormone and not enough ACTH cortisol adrenal hormonethese all need to be checked.your pituitary gland makes all of these hormoneslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com