Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Ear feels muffled .. red discharge if que tip is used to

Customer Question

Ear feels muffled .. red discharge if que tip is used to "clean" inner ear... constant ringing of hear n no real discomfort other than personally caused irritation of attempts to "unclog" ear as the feeling in right ear is as if driving down mountain pass any advice as doctor for me isn't available until Monday morning and this condition has persisted for 4 days
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Have you recently had any cold or sore throat?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No no cold sores.. only had a little water into ear canal n attempted to dry ear with que tip not into ear drum but felt it got worse from there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have any fever symptoms or significant pain but it's annoying to hear very little outo of right ear
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the late response.I think that the possibility of wax in the ear should be considered in your case. This can be done by a simple examination at your doctor's office.Another possibility is that your eustachian tube may be blocked.This tube connects the ear to the throat and can be blocked if there is some inflammation of the throat, which in-turn can lead to earache and ear discharge.Decongestants like sudafed which is available over-the-counter may help with your symptoms, which is what I would recommend.If your symptoms persist I would recommend that you be seen by an ENT doctor to have your ears examined.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
The only way I am credited on here for helping you out is when you rate me positively.I would, therefore, appreciate a rating.Kindest regards