Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am bleeding from the rectum. I feel good but cant think of

Customer Question

I am bleeding from the rectum. I feel good but cant think of anything red that I have eaten. Its there everytime I have a bowl movement and is a bright red. I had baked beans last night and this red started last night. I dont feel sick at all. what could it be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe bleeding could be from a bad hemorrhoid bleedingor it could be from a rectal or colon polyp or rectal or colon canceryou need to see a doctor right awayand get a colonoscopy to look inside of you rectum and colon to see where this bleeding is coming fromthere are treatments for hemorrhoid bleeding which can help it stop.if you continue to bleed from the rectum, you will become anemic which is low in red blood cells in your blood.you can have a cancer in your colon and rectum and still feel good.you should go to the ER right now and get checked outor see your primary care doctor right away.let me know if you have questions.