Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I haven't seen a doc in 5 years and went to a homeopathic

Customer Question

I haven't seen a doc in 5 years and went to a homeopathic after suffering depression from both parents death(5 years ago) in a 8 month period.and 1 single episode of throwing up 2 gallons of acid Thanksgiving night when I laid down in tent at camp and woke up puking in the night. My stomach continues to fill with air (appearing as a pregnant at 7 months) and the air burst out my mouth when I turn my head or push on my skin or body or head. also no energy. The air thing has been going on 10 years).The doc had a 37 page checkbox intake sheet I met him for consultation and without being examined he gave me "Desbio" cortisol drops 6x, Dhea drops6x, Cerebromax drops, and instructed me to take 20 drops of each a day in a quart of water and sip it all day. Told to come back in week for bloodwork. I was also given"Biotics" Methionine-200 and told told to fast 16 hours take 6 pills that night and 6 in the morning with lots of water. I returned and stated I had done the pills for bloodworkup but after3 days but stopped the drops as they made me feel horrible. he said cut drops to 10 drops each and continue and that I felt bad because this was detox and poisons were pouring into my bloodstream as my liver was detoxing. He claims he believes my adrenyls are shot. I will find out test results at next appointment. Can these meds be dangerous? what is your opinion of all this?I have also been under extreme stress 10 years as my youngest daughter haaad baby at 14 and father being 24 went to prison for it and daughter is in rehab for drugs. I have custody of my 8 year old grandson.since he was 8 months old. my oldest is moving back home next week. my large cattleranch family do not get togathr after parents death. and much more!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloFirst of all, these remedies are not toxic.However, this doctor is not practicing homeopathy.He is practicing homotoxicology which is a different use of the medications.Methionine alone, as an amino acid, might correct a deficiency, but is better if you are given an amino acid complex.Too much methionine can throw you off.All of that said, there is nothing particularly dangerous here.If you want homeopathy though, find a classical homeopath for correct treatment. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here