Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

I was taking pepcid antacid and eating banans reflux no

Customer Question

I was taking pepcid antacid and eating banans for acid reflux no bowel movement for a week been straining and now have hemmroids.I now only poop out gas.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I dont feel weak no stomach aches.its just that i feel constipated
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.
GreetingsIn order to help you, I need more information: Age/gender, Is this constipation new or just in the pat week? have you lost weight? any other symptoms related to you belly, such as pain, blood with stool at any time?
Well, Okay;Going a week without a bowel movement is not normal and could be serious. This is not related to these medications or the bananas. You need to be checked. I would recommend that you go to the ER for direct exam and testingThis could be serious bowel obstruction or tardy bowel. The underlaying problem needs to be identified soon and properly treated Not sure how you were diagnosed with hemorrhoids, but if it is not diagnosed by a physician, it might be part of the underlying issue If this answers your question, please complete the stars rating above. This is how we get credit for our service. You may still email me with questions on this topic after the rating. Best wishes