DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I HAVE BEEN REALLY SICK GRADUALLY NOW.... MY SYMPTOMS ARE:

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN REALLY SICK GRADUALLY FOR MONTHS NOW.... MY SYMPTOMS ARE: PAIN IN THE ABDOMINAL AREA, DIARRHEA. NAUSEA.... CAN'T EAT ANYTHING WITHOUT GETTING SICK..IF I DON'T EAT ANYTHING I FEEL SORT OF OK..... I HAVE LOST WEIGHT, ABOUT 10 TO 15 LBS... I WENT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM 2 DAYS AGO AND THEY REFERRED ME TO A VASCULAR DOCTOR.... I DON'T KNOW HOW DIARRHEA COULD BE ASSOCIATED WITH VASCULAR.....
SEVERAL MONTHS AGO I HAD A COLONOSCOPY AND A ENDOSCOPY SHOWING EVERYTHING WAS FINE....
ALDO I HAVE NOTICED MY LEGS ARE WEAK AND SEEMS I LOST MUSCLE .... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.....
A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I WAS REALLY SICK WITH A PARASITE.... I WORK IN A PHARMACY AND MAY HAVE CONTACTED IT AS I AM A CASHIER AND I ALWAYS TOUCH MONEY AND WET MY FINGERS AT MY MOUTH TO GET THE BAGS APART....
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 8 months ago.
HelloArtery problems in the abdomen can cause diarrhea and other symptoms.This is a very serious problem, and if they referred you, you need to follow up.An angiogram is the definitive test.But, I suggest you ask them to scan your abdomen.There could be indications of a vascular problem, if they did a scan.If you get worse, it is serious...go right back to the ER. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/