Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have been diagnosed with hypertropiccardiomyopathy and the

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with hypertropiccardiomyopathy and the Dr.prescribed Mestinon! which is prescribed for myasthenia gravis.I take it with Norpace.It helps my shortness of breath but what is the connection??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I agree with you in that Mestinon is used for myasthenia gravis.It is, at times, used as an off-label drug in orthostatic (posture related) hypotension (low blood pressure), chronic axonal neuropathy and postural tachycardia syndrome.So it may have been prescribed by your doctor for one of these off label indications which is the reason why it is helping.Let me know if you have more question.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options when you are done as your positive rating is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
The only way I am credited on here for helping you out is when you rate me positively.I would, therefore, appreciate a rating.Kindest regards