Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

My white blood count has dropped to 0.7 should I be worried

Customer Question

JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Have been tested full blood count now for over a year has been low but this is the lowest it has dropped. Have been feeling run down tired all the time, have a lump by left ear and have been having a lot of cold, flu like symptoms
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Have been menapausal now for a few years stopped having periods 2 years ago have recently been given hrt
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...Yes the white blood cell count og 0.7 is very low and this need immediate attention .Infections are common with this WBC count .It would be ideal for you to have Bone marrow examination to see what actually is causing low white cell count , so that appropriate treatment may be offered to you .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .