Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

My daughter is seriously ill. She has abdominal bloating and

Customer Question

My daughter is seriously ill. She has abdominal bloating and has been advised it is going to happen again, 100%. She had her stomach drained one week ago. She is losing weight and also has a fib. There is a problem with her liver or her ovaries or uterus. This is been ongoing for about 2 months. Can she just go to the hospital emergency room. Her doctor told her to make an appt. with a gastroenterologist and she is having trouble getting in. Her doctor is just a general practitioner. She does have a cardiologist. What can we do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.

• To go the ER or not, it all depends on how she feels right now. If she feels really sick and the symptoms she had a week ago before they "drained her stomach" are back with the same intensity, then YES, she needs to go to the ER. But if she feels ok tonight and those symptoms are not back, then she waits until she sees the gastroenterologist.
  • She can also wait until tomorrow AM and call her family doctor, and ask for an advise. Since he knows her well, his advise is valuable
  • If this satisfies your question, please complete the star rating above. It is how we get credit for the service. You may still email me withe questions on this topic after the rating. Best wishes