Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have lupus. woke up sat and had burning when urinate. As

Customer Question

I have lupus. woke up sat and had burning when urinate. As the day progressed had pain in groin. Woke up sunday on back to intense pain in lower back and a very intense need to urinate. hard to start and have continued flow. Urine was brownish and frothy. Intense pain in groin that is sharp and stabbing then subsides. can not keep in food since sunday. I have chills and pain.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I would strongly recommend that you be seen ASAP for this.The reason why I say this is because your symptoms indicate that you could be having a urine infection that may have spread or become more severe.I would recommend that you should have a urine test along with an ultrasound or a CAT scan of the abdomen to have a look at the kidneys and the urinary tract to confirm the diagnosis and to see if the infection has spread to the kidneys or not.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards