Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I Have prostate cancer, low level. I was taking testosterone

Customer Question

I Have prostate cancer, low level. I was taking testosterone injections for five years for depression before the cancer was found. I was told by my urology doctor that it will feed the cancer so I have stopped the injections about a year ago. I have been trying different booster supplements settling on Test Worx brand. It sort of helps but its no where near the injections. Can you tell me if Im missing something. Is this what I will be the rest of my days? A train wreck. Im 63 and in good health. I dont drink, smoke, or take drugs. If you have any suggestions Im listening.
Thank You
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctor.why don't you get your prostate cancer treated with radiation therapy or surgery to remove your prostate gland.then you can go back on low dose testosterone injectionsyou can also go on anti-depression medications to treat your depression symptoms.let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Radiation treatment was already suggested. I was addicted to Xanax for years, no thanks! I was told by my doctors that I have very low level cancer and if I stayed away from the injections I would not need to have the rad. Or remove as the awful results they cause.
xanax is not used to treat depression, it is used to treat anxiety symptoms.do you have anxiety symptoms or depression?testosterone should not be used to treat depression or anxiety.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did have anxiety and is what I took Xanex for. I still have some anxiety but I can handle it. I don't have constant depression but it's bad when it hits
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's more of an emotion thing that overwhelming me
I see.what is your testosterone levels when you are not taking testosterone?did the testosterone injection give you less of these emotional things that is overwhelming?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have any numbers but I was told it is very low. After an injection every two weeks I felt very stable in my emotions, depression , and anxiety
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is that it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Guess my time ran out?
what is your testosterone levels when you are not taking testosterone?did the testosterone injection give you less of these emotional things that is overwhelming?let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com