Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I have gout and have been taking Uloric past year or so. I

Customer Question

I have gout and have been taking Uloric for the past year or so. I have not had an out-break for a long time. However, two days ago I picked a Multi Vitamin for men and it is called Living Green Liquid-Gel Multi made by Irwin Naturals. I was just looking for a multi-vitamin that I should start taking not knowing for sure which one. Anyway, woke up in the middle of the night with my big toe throbbing knowing what it was. Today in pain with gout and have not eaten shell fish, red meat, no beer, and no red wine in a while. Can someone research this multi vitamin and see if there is something in it that could have given me gout?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This product has lot of supplements. You can be allergic to any one of these ingredients. It also contains fish oil. Fish oil can cause gout attack sometimes. Hence this product should be avoided. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: