Ashley Mires
Ashley Mires,
Experience:  Internist at Chest & Critical Care Consultants
94080274

My daughter is 10 She is constantly biting her nails Even

My daughter is 10 She is constantly biting her nails Even the teacher said something She is quiet but not nervous I can't stand to watch her bite What can I do?

If she's not anxious or nervous, her nail biting is essentially a combination of boredom/lack of interest in the present, unless she's doing it compulsively in a way that would suggest obsessive compulsive disorder or something similar. I don't think there's a real "fix" to get rid of her nail biting habit; perhaps let her get fancy nails with nail polish and she won't want to destroy them. :)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We got her nails done and she picked the nail polish off in 1 day My sister said to put something on that tastes bad but that's mean

Mean and also pretty ineffective (she could just go wash her hands). Perhaps rechannel the behavior into another activity, like redirecting her to do something constructive when you notice her biting.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Good I'm glad we agree. I'll try and redirect her

Good idea :). I hope my suggestions were able to help. Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Dr. Mires