Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I've been having red blood in my stool off and on for

Customer Question

Hello, I've been having red blood in my stool off and on for 4 or 5 months now. I've been to my doctor 3 times now and first he gave me cream to put in the anus in the morning and before bed. For hemorrhoids. I've told him that I feel a steady pressure in my butt area deep inside. From what I've read of your answers, it could be rectal ulcers. He booked a specialist for me but they won't call for 6 months. He then prescribed me the hc foam for after movements. It seems if I have any alcoholic drinks the blood comes the next movement. And that pressure I was talking about. Also the blood is all mixed in with the stool most of the time. Should I wait the six months or go to emergency to get some help for once? Seeing the blood all the time can really mess with your head.
Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ....As blood in stool is really frightening and you have already this issue for last 4-5 months , so this is not good to wait for next 6 months .It would be ideal for you to visit ER to get some help , persistent blood loss will result in low Hemoglobin.And also diagnosis should be established for proper treatment .So yes please go to ER.Good luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .