Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have very high Cobalt and Chromium levels 221 and 22 and

Customer Question

I have very high Cobalt and Chromium levels 221 and 22 and am due to have a hip revision on June 2nd, 16. Do you think I should see a hematologist before the surgery and delay it?
Have a metal on metal Dupuy Johnson Johnson hip in 2009has not been too troublesome am I getting it replaced unnecessarily. The other hip I had revised in 2015 and is more troublesome. Am I doing the right thing or should I do more research about my blood and any repercussions or am I unreasonably alarmed and going in for more surgery than I need to? Thank you very confused at least I'm walking now and sick of hip surgeries. Age 68 started at 50 had always been fit? Help?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.What symptoms are you having?Why did you do the blood tests for these compounds?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.