Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My daughter has broken out into a severe rash of what look

Customer Question

My daughter has broken out into a severe rash of what look to be hives. It started yesterday at preschool pickup. I gave her 5 mL of Benadril yesterday and 7 mL today. It continues to look bad, despite some temporary improvement here and there. She just got a fever of 100.6. Looks to be about 20-30 on her face and a couple hundred, and patches, on the rest of her body.
She has not eaten anything out of the ordinary, or been exposed to anything out of the ordinary, as far as I can tell.
The rash and fever are her only symptoms. No aches, not fatigued, no sinus issues, not even very itchy.
This has happened before, strange rashes occurring about once a year, and they have lasted anywhere from 2 days to a week.
Are there signs I should look for that would indicate a serious need to rush her in, or is it safe and ok to monitor her at home?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
do you have a picture of the rash?