Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I recently trimmed my hair with scissors all around my penis.

Customer Question

I recently trimmed my hair with scissors all around my penis. About a week or two later a pimple appeared that popped at the base of my penis and is know inflamed. I don't think it's an std but I wanted to know if it's just an ingrown hair or something worse
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Umm nit really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: What's the total cost?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HellofolliculitisInfection of the hair follicle.Attach a picture here if you like.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Most likely an ingrown hair. Nothing serious. You can attach a picture here. YOucan try over the counter Bacitracin ointment twice daily for healing. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
HelloBy definition, if a hair root is inflamed, it is folliculitis, infection, ingrown or not.We can not diagnose you here and tell you that you do not need an exam, or not to worry.Make sure you show this to your doctor.It can not be said to be a simple ingrown hair based on your description.I am a double board certified US doctor.See my profile. You can save time and get safe and correct answers here, just find me by request in medical any day of the week.