Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I have sinus drainage and feel awful in general I need a rx

Customer Question

i have sinus drainage and feel awful in general I need a rx of annibotices can I get that if I go see a dr
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithaya, experienced physician attending youYes, you need to see ENT specialistHe can prescribe a course of of antibioticsHe can also give you medicines that can accelerate the sinus drainageAny questions ask me orRequest to leave a positive ratingBest Regards
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloIn the US, we do not send patients to an ENT specialist for an initial sinus problem.In fact, most of these are viral, and antibiotic are not used.This decision is based on an exam which any urgent care doctor or primary care doctor can do.Antibiotics are overused.If you have had the infection, with fever at some point, and for more than a specific period of time with certain exam findings, then your primary care doctor can prescribe the correct antibiotics.I am a double board certified US doctor.Save time here, find Dr. Thomas by request in medical for safe, correct and up to date answers.Please click a positive on this answer page if you appreciate my information and would like to see me get paid...this page only.
If the infection exists, no harm in having an antibiotic course. It is not called overuse. What ever country it is, ENT specialist is the right person to examine you. No need for an urgent carePlease leave a posiitve rating, so that I'm compensated for the answer Best Regards