Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I am having headache when I take Plavix 75mg.

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 6 months ago.
GreetingsHeadaches are rare potential side effect of plavix, and it is typically mild and resolve while still on this drug. If more than mild, you need to be checked for other causes of headachesI would also consider changing it to an alternative to see if your headaches resolves. Berlinta is an a good alternative for your age. Anther alternative is Effient but it is avoided in patients age 72 or older. Discuss it with your doctorIf you are taking plavix for a stent and you have completed a year for treatment, you could also discuss wth you doctor the feasibilty of stopping it at this point. With few exceptions, plavix for medicated stents can be stopped after one yearLet me know if you need any further clarifications
If this satisfies your question, please complete the stars rating above. This is how we get credited for the service. You may still email me questions on this topic after the rating. Best wishes