Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have severe cramping I my lower arms and legs that does not

Customer Question

I have severe cramping I my lower arms and legs that does not respond to pain meds Potassium , or flexaril. They cramp to the point I feel like I am posturing and can not sleep. This has gone on for 3 nights now along with legs cramping, any idea that could be causing this?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I am on Xerelto for blood clots to left leg from an accident. I take T3's for pain, but it doesn't seem to stop the muscle cramping at all. Could it be MS? This is horrible crazy!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloThis is not typical of an MS presentation, but could be very rarely.This would much more likely be something like magnesium deficiency.Or, hyperthyroidism.OR, calcium or other electrolyte imblance.OR, disc disease of the spine.Go to your doctor or the ER. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here