Janie Teschner
Janie Teschner,
Experience:  Director at Mercy medical clinic

My Mom is suffering with restlessness, anxiousness, chills,

Customer Question

My Mom is suffering with restlessness, anxiousness, chills, then being hot, has hand tremors occasionally, I am wondering if it could be hyperthyroidism. Her TSH in Feb was .33
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Was in the hospital and treated for a UTI three weeks ago. UTI gone but chronic fatigue is horrible forgot to mention. Just so stressed I am her caregiver and I have had her to her primary, endocrinologist and a kidney specialist checking all of her levels and they say they find nothing that can be causing this. Other than the fact that she may be taking longer to recover due to her age of 78 years. The symptons I mentioned especially the chills and insomnia have been getting worse.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Janie Teschner replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Hyperthyroidism is possible. Free T4 and T3 levels should be checked. Other possibilities can be diabetes, adrenal gland insufficiency, iron deficiency anemia, even estrogen deficiency related. Recent infection can cause significant weakness as well. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
This is DR Teschner; Do you have more questions?