Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I was playing with co worker and was put in choke hold hour

Customer Question

I was playing with co worker and was put in choke hold hour and half ago . Hurts to swollow ,also hurts to touch right under chin. Should i seek a dr ..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloYesGo to urgent care.It is likely just strain.HOwever, you want to make sure you don't have any ligament damage, fracture, slipped disc in the neck. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks
anytimeany questions please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Although this needs clinical evaluation, not likely urgent. You can move your neck around so fracture is unlikely.Esophageal lining injury can cause problem with swallowing.Can be treated with Maalox liquid 30 ml 4 times daily.The pain around the neck is due to th soft tissue injury.Should apply ice pack and tylenol can be taken 500 mg every 6 hours to help with the pain.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
HelloBy policy guidelines, we can not diagnose or treat on line.As I said, this is probably strain, but the other possibilities , even if remote are serious and should not be diagnosed under emergency circumstances.Even an injury to the esophageal lining, which is unlikely can be serious.So can disc disease.So can injury to the throat.Per medical standards in the US, we can not examine you, and someone must.Be safe, not sorry.Find me, Dr. Thomas, double board certified US doctor, any day of the week for correct, safe and comprehensive answers.Insist on me: for Dr. Thomas only.