Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

Constipated days JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help

Customer Question

Constipated for 6 days
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced Physician attending youWhat is your age? Gender? What medications are you on daily?Any other health ailments?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
Hiconstipation is usually temporary and related to diet, and would resolve with a simple laxative.If this is note the case, you need to see your doctor.If it is new constipation, it is time for a doctors visit.If you are 50 or older, and this is a new symptom, it is time for your screening colonoscopy.If you are on medications, your doctor needs to see if any of them are contributing.If your diet is lacking in soluble fiber, and if you do not drink enough water, this needs to be changes.I am a double board certified US doctor, DR Thomas. You can reply to me now.Please click a positive rating at the tip of this answer page [we are paid per rating on our specific answer pages].You can find me by request in medical, any day of the week.
What have you tried for constipation. Constipation from 6 days needs attention if ou had no single bowel movement.
HelloIn fact.In the US, if you are normally constipated, 6 days is no type of emergency.Internal medicine doctors, such as myself, are quite aware that for some people, once a week is normal.As I said above, if you have not resolved new contipation, see your doctorIf you have pain or bleeding ER.If you are normally constipated, simply call your doctor.I am a double board certified US doctor.YOu can find me in medical by request daily.Please click a positive on this answer page and I will be credited for my answer above, this answer, and my time.
If it is in US, or Germany or Australia6 days constipation without bowel movement is not normal and it is a matter of concernPlease see the doctorIf you have already tried something, let me knowThanks.