Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I having pain on my left side dont know if it is a kindey infection

Customer Question

I having pain on my left side dont know if it is a kindey infection or kindesy stone which
ch I have hade one before!! I started on some cipro 750mg to see if that will help. So for nothing has help Im nauseated been hurting on my left side. IM DOCTOR IS OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEKEED!!!! Sorry to be bother ya'!! Thank you Kim Estill
lp
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 10 months ago.
GreetingsTo help you, I need more information: how long have you had this pain/symptoms, is it constant or intermittent? Do you have any problems urinating? Is there a change in the color of the urine or any smell?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Infection is very unlikely since cipro is not helping.This can be kidney stone related pain.Or this can be muscular pain or back pain due to the arthritis of the spine.You can try Ibuprofen 600 mg 3 times daily with food for pain control.Better to go to the ER if possible for further evaluation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Need more information for the following reasons:If your pain waxes and wanes, it is most likely stoneIf you have burning when you urinate or there is non-bloody discoloration, it can still be infection, by a bacteria that is not covered by CiproMuscular pains would be constant and superfecialIt is best of you have your self checked, either at an Urgent Care center or at an ER
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You can try ibuprofen along with cipro.The nausea can be treated with peptobismol.However, worsen symptoms do require a CT scan.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Let me know if you have any further questions