DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

What would cause a 35 year old to be short of breath with a

Customer Question

What would cause a 35 year old to be short of breath with a large hard stomach? He is quite overweight and all the test at the ER came back normal. THEY RELEASED HIM BUT THE HARD STOMACH AND SHORTNESS OF BREATH CONTIUNES.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the question and coming here. They have done any chest x-ray? Any history of heart disease? How's bowel movements? How long having shortness of breath? Any known medical illnesses? Any previous history of shortness of breath? When he went to ER?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They did xrays,catscan, blood work etc. Also EKG He is so miserable and we don't know where to go from here. His stomach is huge and hard and is causing shortness of breath
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for coming back. Can you tell me about his bowel movements any history of constipation? When he went to ER? History of liver disease? They did abdominal scan?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No problem with bm. They did an abdominal cat scan and xray. Just don't know why the stomach is so hard.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I also feel that this is pressing on his diaphragm causing the short windeness.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No history of liver disease but he is on mess for bipolar disorder
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for coming back. Can you tell me on what medications he is on?
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 9 months ago.
GreetingsThere is no indication that he is having any problems with the recent stent. New blockages would not form in few days. That aspect appears to be stableThese BP readings are high, but not critical. Very likely aggravated by anxiety and concerns, given the recent stent procedure. This will not have an immediate impact on the stent statusHe needs to be reassured and really relax for 20-30 minutes, then recheck his BP. If still elevated, contact his doctor tonight by calling his contact number. While I can not legally advise him to take an extra BP pill, his doctor can, and this would not be unreasonable to do.His doctor, or some one covering for him, should be reachable at this time by calling the contact number provided to you upon discharge form the hospitalI do not see a need to take him to the ER at this point.
Wrong question. apology ..
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.
Hello