Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have trouble sleeping & have been on sleeping tablets for

Customer Question

I have trouble sleeping & have been on sleeping tablets for 25 years, I am currently taking Zolpidem but am also adding Nytol. Would Seconal be more effective? Zolpidem does not cause me any " hangover " type symptoms.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloSeconal is not a sleep medication.It is a barbituate, dangerous, and not indicated for this purposed.You need a sleep study, to see why you have sleep problems, and to have the underlying cause treated.In addition, zolpidem and nytol together can have an increased risk of side effects.I suggest you see a sleep specialist.We co not prescribe on site. We answer questions only.As to your question seconal would be a bad idea. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here