Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

From all the sleeping pill out there which is the best one

Customer Question

From all the sleeping pill out there which is the best one to take at night?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloIt depends on exam and diagnosis, and why you are not sleeping.And, on information such as a sleep study.Also, if the problem is falling asleep or staying asleep.Your doctor has to decide this. There is no best pill for everyone. Most of them are potentially harmful long term.So close supervision is required, and the underlying problems causing the sleep problem need to be addressed.Here is a good write up on this. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here