Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

My husband wears a colostomy bag and also a catheter

Customer Question

My husband wears a colostomy bag and also a catheter for urine purposes (after falling off a ladder some 5-6 years ago). At the moment there is a leakage from the back passage(not a solid type but mainly just a wet stain on his trousers - can you indicate what the problem might be?
Thanking You for any advice and awaiting your reply.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya attending youThere may be a problem in the percolating capacity of the bag.You need to call the company of the colostomy bag and ask about the problemAlternatively you should visit the hospital once to see what exactly is the problemHope this helpsRequest to leave a posiitve rating at the top right corner of the page, only then I'm compensatedBest Regards