Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have a question. I was on ferlity meds such as estrace

Customer Question

Hi I have a question. I was on ferlity meds such as estrace prometrium pre natal vitamins.
I noticed a white discharge dry discharge in the anul area. I also feel wet in that area. I have IBS could this be from the IBS. I am also taking synthroid. I am really concerned about this. I also have had loose watery stools lately. What could this be from. Should I be concerned.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello FloThis is most likely from the IBSit is probably a discharge from IBSthis is pretty commonI wouldn't be too concernedIt should be checked by your doctor but I don't think it is a sign of cancer or anythinglet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a question I have had a white discharge in the annual area and it is flakey white and the area is wet. I just finished a cycle of IVF I took estrace and prometrium and pre-natal vitamins. I finished the cycle three weeks ago. I also take synthroid.
Also lately I have been urinating constantly and their is a litte bit of pain. Could be a urinary tract infection and it happens to me a lot could it be something else. I am very concerned please advise.
It could be a uti. Yes. I suspect IBS though
did you see my reply?
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one more question I am urinating every half hour with a little bit of pain afterward. I have been constipated for four days last night I finally went to the bathroom. I still go to the bathroom every half hour I feel like I am still somewhat constipated.
What should I do do u think it is IBS or UTI or both. What type of medication will the give me for the UTI and what can I do to prevent the IBS.
I think it is bothbut constipation can cause urinary issues because the rectum presses on the bladdre
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do they treat utis and how do they treat IBS?
IBS is treated with medicine like bentyl and dietary changesUTIs are treated with antibioticsplease don't forget a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any side effects to bently did u ever hear of IBS guard?
No side effectsI haven't heard of that. No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What dietary changes?
review this diethttps://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply.