Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I fell down the stairs about three weeks ago and I think I

Customer Question

I fell down the stairs about three weeks ago and I think I have a rib fracture. What kind of Dr, do I see?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I am having difficulty moving around, lifting things and coughing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had a lot of bruising.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.If your pain is severe you must be seen in the emergency so that you can have a chest x-ray done.Our main aim here is to first diagnose a rib fracture.Once diagnosed, usually, treatment is with strong pain medications to help relieve the pain as the fracture heals by itself in due course of time which may be four to eight weeks.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards