Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

My husband has been having about 2-3 seconds of dizziness when

Customer Question

My husband has been having about 2-3 seconds of dizziness when he turns his head either side to side or up and down. It doesn't happen all the time, just periodically throughout the day and has been going on for about 2 weeks now. He is 64 years old and on no meds and in good health. What could be causing these short spells?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Most likely cause of his dizziness is a condition called as benign positional vertigo.This is triggered by specific movements of the head like in his case. Although benign paroxysmal positional vertigo can be a bothersome problem, it's rarely serious except when it increases the chance of falls. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may go away on its own within a few weeks or months. But, to help relieve benign positional vertigo sooner, your doctor may treat you with a series of movements known as the canalith repositioning procedure also called as Epley's maneuver. This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards