Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Having serious difficulties managing my daughters medication

Customer Question

Having serious difficulties managing my daughters medication , she was given 0.5 X 2 clonazpam today to get her over anxiety of getting her into a car to see phychiartist , she'd also taken 50 mgs of phenergan this morn and 5 mugs of diazepam ( normally on 15/20 mgs of diazapam but not touching her anxiety. Her anxiety is still there but worried that should it become uncontrollable and she starts to self harm as a result what can I give her ? Can she have more phenergan , clonazpam ? Very worried mum
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Yes she had been on Lamictol 300 MPs for almost a year , no monitoring from a phychiartist because when unwell she called the duty phychiartist a rude name as a punishment no one would see her so still waiting for a 2nd opinion clinic appointment to see a phychiartist and have meds reviewed . She also took herself of 240 mgs of dyhidrocodiene prescribed for over 8 years for jaw pain she's been very sick since coming of medication which she viewed as poisoning her Lamictol having really adverse symptoms very scarey and created further problems such a fixations and OCD symtoms ( hence her wanting off the lot ) I do not think her body was ready for such a shock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh God please don't let this be some internet scam I've just used the grocery money on !
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry your daughter is having bad anxiety symptoms.if the clonazepam works for her to decrease anxiety symptoms for now, you can use that for her 2-3 times a day as needed.there are other agents which over time can help decrease her anxiety symptomssertraline or paroxetine can help over time decrease her anxiety levels.you should talk to her psychiatrist about medications like aripiprazole or risperidone or quetiapine which can be used with sertraline or paroxetine to help them work better to decrease anxiety symptoms.let me know if you have questionsyou can also accept the additional phone consultation if you would like to talk by phone.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You took £25.00 of me via PayPal ?
there is a charge per question to be answered here by a doctor.I am the doctor who is helping youif you have questions about billing or charges, please contact customer services. United Kingdom 0***-***-****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't afford this I'm worried she has very bad reactions to any meds that lower blood pressure so you are saying she can have diazapam and clonazpam again tonight ?
if she was taking 15-20mg of diazepam before, yes, she can safely take another 2x0.5mg of clonazepam and 5mg of diazepam tonight if needed. her doctor and psychiatrist would also need to know this as well. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com