Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have had 6 dvts Im a vet and the va hospital says it will

Customer Question

I have had 6 dvts Im a vet and the va hospital says it will go away!In the past I have always been put in the hospital and given heprin IV.Is it true they don't do that any more?I still have pain in my calf Please give me some good news,Dennis Carrier Carson city Nevada ps Im 69 years old Thank
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Yes it is true that they usually do not admit you into the hospital for IV heparin anymore.You need to continue taking your blood thinners and keep the INR in the required range if you are on warfarin.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards