Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

What is the best way to get rid of a.cough my husband has

Customer Question

What is the best way to get rid of a.cough my husband has had it for a couple of weeks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 9 months ago.
Hello,Short term cough of 2 weeks would be most likely due to a respiratory infection. This could be viral or bacterial bronchitis ... Other causes possible ...Over the counter a product such as Robitussin DM is helpful...as most over the counter cough suppresants it has mild cough suppresant --- dextromethorphan in it .He may see his doctor as stronger cough medications may be PRESCRIBED such as Tessalon perles or TUSSIONEX for example ...If he needs an antibiotic then that may be PRESCRIBED as well...Sometimes a medicine to reduce airway inflammation may help such as SINGULAIR or a steroid inhaler ...I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD