Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

Before cleaning of teeth and gums by dentist does taking of

Customer Question

Before cleaning of teeth and gums by dentist does taking of proper dosage of Amoxicillin prevent bacteria from entering blood stream?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
Only if you have certain conditions that require itLike congenital heart defects or an artificial valveThere is no need in normal individualslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using