How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 63941
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am experiencing pain on the bottom of my foot again, this

Customer Question

I am experiencing pain on the bottom of my foot again, this time it's my left foot, a vein seems to swell & bulge & I have to ice it to stop the swelling, then a bruise is left for days afterwards. Less than a week ago it was my right foot.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have an appt to see a specialist on Monday May 16, 2016 because of my chronic constipation, could this be related?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...This could be Gout , a condition in which uric acid accumulates .This need Tab Advil and you should go for Uric acid test .Good hydration , avoid protein diet .Regards ***** ***** my answer as good service .Thanks .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is not gout, my boss gets that all the time, his ankles swell, my ankles are not swollen, I do not have pain to walk on my foot, I have pain only & directly on the bulge vein
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.
Ok I got it this is Plantar Fascists , and this seems to be issue related with inflammation .So please once consult Orthopedic specialist .Regards .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wrong, my husband has that, nothing like his symptoms, could it be a blood clog or colon problem disease?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm aware of gout & plantar fascist
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.
Fascitis presents with different symptoms , so not necessary as your husband has issue you might be the same .So clot is less likely .Regards .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can walk with no pain, I have a bulging vein, placing ice pack stops swelling & pain, only a bruise is left for a few days
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I called the hospital & talked to a nurse, she said I needed to see my doctor tomorrow or come in to be seen by the ER doctor if I was concerned that it couldn't wait
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You have given me two wrong answers, I am calling my credit card company to stop your charging me.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 9 months ago.
You can contact customer service . You will be refunded .Regards .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.
HelloI am a double board certified US doctor.Different expert here.A painful swollen vein can be from clot, or inflammation of the vein.This can be from autoimmune disease [vasculitis], as well.It can be from previous trauma.I would suggestUltrasoundAll routine labsSed rate and ANA panel OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here